My good friend and his family learned a hard lesson this past year. Sadly their dog got into some poison they forgot was on the farm. This had been bought many years ago, before they had kids and a dog. It was tucked on a shelf high above anyone's reach in a barn they hardly go into. Apparently one of the animals must have knocked it over and it spilled and became frozen in some ice. Boone, their dog, found his way into this barn and began licking some of the ice. No one knows how much or for how long he had it inside him before he was discovered flipping the bucket around in the yard. I wanted you to hear (listen below) the whole heart-wrenching story and share it with those you know who have pets and children. It is part of his podcast called "Homesteady." He will also be playing an integral role here at On the Fly.

While this sounds like a sad story it has a happy ending. The breeder of Boone decided randomly to have one more litter between Boone's parents. And my buddy picked up one of Boone's little brothers today. If you share the story on social media please use the #ForBoone.

 Boone's little brother, Bones, meets his new family.

Boone's little brother, Bones, meets his new family.

Comment